If you’re on the hunt for quick-and-delicious (not to mention healthy) meal ideas at this time of year then you’ll love these designer hot dogs. I’ve used Tip Top’s new Deluxe Torpedo Rolls because they’re really yummy, just the right size and a whole lot more flash than a standard hot dog bun. These rolls are part of Tip Top’s new Deluxe range which includes Corn Dusted Burger Buns, Corn Dusted Torpedo Rolls, Brioche-Style Buns and Brioche-Style Sliders. All three of these hot-diggity-dogs have become firm family favourites and I’m sure you’ll enjoy them as much as we do. Oh and don’t forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter to win a $100 supermarket voucher to try them yourself and while you’re at it you can enter Tip Top’s fab $10,000 Build a Better Burger challenge too.
Chicken Caesar Salad Rolls
- 4 Tip Top Torpedo rolls
- 1/2 small cos lettuce, leaves roughly torn
- 2 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crisp and roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Caesar dressing
- Split rolls almost in half but not completely through
- Fill rolls with lettuce leaves, bacon, egg slices, chicken and Parmesan cheese
- Drizzle over dressing and serve.
Classic American Hot Dogs
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 frankfurter sausages
- 4 Tip Top Torpedo Rolls
- Tomato sauce
- Mild American mustard
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion until tender and starting to colour
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, place the frankfurters in the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes until heated through
- Slice the Torpedo Rolls along the centre top, making sure you don’t cut the roll completely through
- Divide the onion between each and then top with a frankfurter
- Drizzle tomato sauce and mustard.
Vietnamese Fusion Rolls
- 1 carrot, peeled into long strips
- ¼ cucumber, peeled into long strips
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 300g lamb medallions
- 4 Tip Top Torpedo Rolls
- 80g pâté
- Japanese dressing
- ¼ cup small or torn basil and mint leaves
- Place the carrot and cucumber into a small bowl. Mix together the rice wine vinegar and sugar, pour this over the vegetables and season with a little salt. Allow the vegetables to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes
- Heat a frying pan over a high heat, brush the lamb with oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook until well coloured on each side and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes in total. Allow to cool a little before cutting into slices.
- Slice the torpedo rolls almost in half but still connected
- Lift the carrot and cucumber from the marinade and shake to remove excess liquid
- Line each roll with the carrot and cucumber and then add lamb and slices of pâté.
- Scatter with basil and mint leaves and drizzle Japanese dressing.
Click the graphic below to enter to win The $10,000 Build A Better Burger Challenge
WIN WIN WIN
To celebrate the arrival of Tip Top’s fab new Deluxe Burger Range and the super fun $10,000 Build A Better Burger Challenge (above) we’re giving away a $100 supermarket voucher so you can create your own designer hot dogs and burgers at home.
To enter to win the $100 supermarket voucher simply tell us in the comments below which Tip Top Deluxe bun sounds the most appealing to you then click HERE to subscribe to our free weekly Insider updates. You can unsubscribe at any time if you change your mind – it just makes it easy for us to contact you if you win. If you’re already a subscriber then great – you only need to comment below.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to enter to win. We’re thrilled to announce our lucky winner is:
Congrats Natalie! Please email your contact deets to [email protected] and we’ll arrange for your prize to be sent out to you pronto.