Talented MAC makeup artist Kalina Swanink recorded seven days of seven very different brows to highlight how many looks can be achieved with makeup alone. Check out her
Straight lightly arched brow
1. Apply MAC Penultimate brow pen to fill gaps and straighten your brow shape.
2. Feather on MAC Lingering brow pencil to darken base of eyebrow and darken arch to create the desired shape.
3. Comb through MAC Clear Brow set to set shape (and keep them tidy all day).
Fuller rounded arch brow (a bit 90s supermodel)
1. Lightly apply MAC Strut brow pencil to fill in brow and extend the arch.
2. Feather on MAC lingering brow pencil to define inner brow and buff out the edges with a MAC #219 brush Pencil Brush – this keeps the look strong but without hard edges.
3. Finish by brushing brows up with MAC Clear Brow set.
Sunday natural brow
1. Using MAC Omega eyeshadow with a MAC #266 Angle brush shape the arch and lengthen brow.
2. Apply MAC Wedge eyeshadow with a MAC #239 Shader brush – buffing lightly over brow to define ever so softly.
3. Comb brows up with MAC Clear brow set.
1. Using MAC Dipdown Fluidline gel liner and MAC #210 Eyeliner brush straighten out the lower brow line and round out the lower part of the arch.
2. With MAC Omega eyeshadow and MAC #239 Shader brush buff out the Dipdown fluidline leaving the inner corners of the brow soft (the part closest to the bridge of the nose).
3. Use MAC Prolongwear concealer with a #219 Pencil brush to clean up lower brow.
4. Finish by combing up the brows with MAC Clear Brow set.
1. Comb brow up with MAC Groundwork paint pot and a #204 Lash brush.
2. Comb MAC Dipdown fluidline through end of brow to define and lengthen.
3. Apply Prolongwear concealer with a MAC #239 Shader brush to define and shape under the brow.
4. Comb brows up with lots of MAC Clear Brow set.
Super bold brow
1. Straighten the shape of the brows with MAC Velvetone brow pencil.
2. Darken and shade the brow to give them the appearance of texture (so they aren’t all one block of colour) with MAC Brun eyeshadow.
3. Using MAC Dipdown Fluidline and the MAC #210 Eyeliner brush apply small brush strokes along the top of the brow – to look like actual brow hairs.
Signature ‘MAC Girl’ brow
1. Fill brow and arch in with MAC Lingering brow pencil.
2. Shade and darken to add depth and the look of texture with MAC Wedge eyeshadow and a #208 angle brow brush.
3. Comb brows up with MAC Clear Brow set.
Text and images: Amber D and Kalina Swanink